Here are some pictures from our trip to Florida.
Katherine hanging out in our room - she is having fun and enjoying the new house.
Melissa made a yummy cake that doubles as an American flag - way to go Melissa!! The frosting was the best part - I am glad that she had some leftover and I was able to help clean that up!
Katherine in the 'sunken forest' - where she loved finding bugs, getting excited and then freaking out if they got too close.
Melissa and Caden on one of the docks with the beach and ocean in the background. I think they look pretty cute together.
Me and Katherine at the top of the 'sunken forest' - we are enjoying the sunshine (and humidity).
I will post more pictures and other updates as time allows. I am exhausted right now from spending the day in St. Augustine today. We took a guided tour through the city and then had a nice dinner at Pizzalley's - a nice sit-down Italian restaurant on St. George Street (the walking shopping street). Afterwards, we walked to the end of the mall, stopping at every ice cream store to test them all out and find out which one had the best ice cream. Kilwin's won that contest - they had toasted coconut ice cream, which is now my favorite.
After finishing the walking street, we went to the Oldest Drug Store in America and got Melissa a picture in front of it. Then we went to the Love Tree. This is an oak tree with a palm tree growing in the middle of it. Legend says that if you kiss under the love tree then you will be with that person forever - of course, Melissa and had a kiss (or two, or three) under that tree (pictures MAY be forthcoming).
Then we headed back home (Amelia Island). Just before we left though, we got the following sunset:
That was a very quick overview of some of the recent events - I will post more pictures and stories later this week (after returning and recovering).




0 comments:
Post a Comment